San Mateo FD
City of San Mateo &
City of Foster City
Member at Large
Central County FD
San Mateo County Emergency Managers Association
P.O. Box 25566
San Mateo, CA 94402-5566
Welcome to the
San Mateo County Emergency Managers Association!
The Mission of the San Mateo County Emergency Managers Association (SMCEMA) is to:
- Serve as a clearinghouse for emergency management best practices, ideas, suggestions and courses of action; to provide input and recommendations for administrative and operational plans, courses of action and procedures;
- Evaluate, develop and make recommendations for emergency management and disaster related public policy and procedures;
- Convey an EMA position on appropriate matters and provide expertise and information to the public and private sectors and to the communities we serve;
- Encourage planning and preparedness for emergencies
CODE OF ETHICS
All members of SMCEMA and their guests, in conjunction or connection with any SMCEMA activity, shall adhere to this code of ethics:
- Conduct and activities are performed in a professional business manner.
- Regularly participate in SMCEMA meetings and activities.
- Conduct no meeting activities contrary to the purpose and mission of SMCEMA.
- Obtain Executive Board approval prior to distributing or posting materials of any kind at SMCEMA activities.
- Only use the membership roster for contacting other members to discuss emergency management issues and official SMCEMA business.
- Avoid using the SMCEMA name or professional affiliation for personal gain.